This house, near the Bishop’s residence, was put at the disposal of Mère Julie and her community by Monsignor Pisani de la Gaude, in 1807. The Sisters opened the first school there and lived there until 1808.


In 1808, Mère Julie rents the Hotel des Comtes de Quarré, rue des Fossés, and the following year she purchases it from the heiress of this family, the Countess of Ribeaucourt. In the 15th century, this old Beguine convent had been transformed into a shelter by the Cistercians of Boneffe.